Saturday 21 May 2011

Online heaven, or is it?

I don't know how I didn't realise before now, but you can buy stuff from Oxfam ONLINE....

Why didn't I know this? I spend my life traipsing around Oxfam and other "cherry tree" shops and this would make my life easier surely?

Although I've just had a look at the site and whilst it is wonderful and I could spend a fortune, I would somehow feel like I am cheating.

For example, I am besotted with vintage Ladybird books and get a thrill from finding one from the Oxfam bookshop that I don't already own.

But online, there are a few I could simply order and receive in the post in a few days time. But they are far more expensive online (one I bought was £1.99 but it is £8.99 online - how did they figure that one out?)

And it simply takes the joy away from actually getting out to these charity shops and unearthing the treasures myself. So I decided to browse but not bother ordering any.

Then I discovered Oxfam sells clothes online too...the clothes are divided into gender, brand, size, condition and price. This is lethal for a second hand clothes fan like me, so of course I HAD to have a quick peek while the husband took the kids to football training this morning.

There's Diesel, Laura Ashley, Coast, Hobbs, Whistles, Boden...the list is endless. You get as many details as possible about the item as well and its FREE UK delivery. What's not to like?

Well, I couldn't put my finger on it, but I decided I still preferred to actually come across fab items of clothing while in a charity shop. It's more rewarding for some reason, yet I often buy new items online rather than hitting the high street.

I think it's a wonderful idea and extremely popular for those in the know, but I have decided to stick to my trips out to the charity shops instead.

Mind you, I will be keeping a close eye on the Oxfam website, just in case, mind!

Anyway I would like to showcase this cherry tree offering today. I bought this tunic top in Beverley, East Yorkshire and wear it loads. It was originally from the swimwear section of Primark, so nothing fancy, but I love it.


At the Prince's first birthday party

Wearing the top with the Princess in Whitstable

I love this place. A dear friend lives there and we are going there soon!

No comments: