I have been awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award by the very lovely Sarah B at ShabbyChicSarah. Really kind of her as I actually spend a fair bit of time looking at her very pretty blog. Thanks Sarah! Check out her blog at http://shabbychicsarah.blogspot.com/
Now I need to write ten facts about me. Hmmm. I've had to do this recently so I will try to come up with ten brand new ones.
1. My family nickname is Treela.
2. I am just very slightly obsessed with Bon Jovi. In two weeks' time I am seeing them live with my sister, a Christmas present from the husband. I. Cannot. Wait.
3. I once interviewed Peter Andre and he smelt divine.
4. I am left handed but cut scissors with my right hand. And eat like a "normal" person.
5. I once had a poem published in a romantic poetry book. Written about my ex.
6. I spotted Ant and Dec in Oxford a few years ago and went up to them, bold as brass, and said "Oi, what are you doing here?" as if they were my bestest friends. It freaked Ant out but Dec was great and we had a chat!
7. I have a serious aversion to dogs' mess. It means NO ONE can EVER wear shoes inside my house. Just in case. This has only kicked in since having children.
8. I danced on a podium in Sydney with Alan Carr, just before he hit the big time. His teeth weren't mad, he didn't wear glasses and he was NOWHERE near as camp as he is now, either!
9. Me and the husband lived in a two-man dome tent in Australia for four months before getting married. It was a make or break situation for any couple, fortunately we survived it.
10. I know all of the word's to Ice Ice Baby. And Oh Carolina. Hardly a claim to fame, mind...
I would like to pass this award onto the following three blogs I love:
Grateful 4 Crochet - http://gratefulcrochet.blogspot.com/
Romi and Bob - http://tracynko-motile.blogspot.com/
Fancy Vintage - http://fancyvintagechina.blogspot.com/
Onto cherry tree shop purchases, I picked up the following toy for £1.99 from Oxfam for the Prince. He LOVES it beyond comprehension. A very happy boy.
I also got the above napkins for £1.70 from The British Heart Foundation. Perfect for a little afternoon cake scoffing session and we always seem to run out of napkins.
I trawled the cherry tree shops back in March for zebra print accessories to wear to my sister's hen weekend but alas I didn't find a single thing. Weird isn't it, how when you want to find something, you can't.
However, now the grand occasion has passed, I am finding zebra print dresses, shoes, tops, necklaces and hats in so many cherry tree shops. It's unbelievable. At the time I had to settle for an H&M dress and accessories from various jewellery outlets.
Not sure where my sister's obsession with zebras stems from but it dates back to childhood. Then she met her dream man only to find he too has a penchant for black and white stripey horses. I've even spied a pair of zebra print pimp shoes he wears for special occasions.
I wasn't writing my blog at the time of the over-zealous zebra hen weekend so thought I would mention it today, especially as cherry tree zebra print is literally leaping out at me at every opportunity.
I really wish I could have got my entire outfit from the cherry tree shops. I think it would have been a brilliant challenge. But it was just not meant to be. Now I'm wondering whether all the stuff I am finally coming across are cast-offs from the other hens. We really were Kat Slater lookalikes as you will see from the below pics, I guess no one wanted to look like it again!
|Me and my lil sis, she is six and a half years younger. And tres glam. |
This was before the zebra madness
|A few cheeky cocktails we made in a bar in Oxford during the weekend|
|Then the zebra obsession kicked in on a boat trip|
|Right down to our zebra print sunnies|
|Her friend Sian baked lush zebra cakes|
|Then we decorated her hotel room |
(spot my cherry tree wooden zebra sitting up in the background)
|Oh dear, that's me.|
|In Giraffe restaurant (closest we could get to a Zebra eatery)|
|You'll find us in da club|
|Possibly too much zebra juice|
|Even had a zebra pinata but forgot to play it |
so saved it for the Prince's birthday!