Sunday 12 June 2011

A chilled Sunday

I have had a rather pleasant day so far, despite the filthy weather (it's like winter).

I woke up at 10.30am (it was my turn for a lie-in, which happens once in a blue moon) and then went to the garden centre for a cappucino and bacon ciabatta roll while the children played happily. It was a win-win situation.

Then we came home and snuggled up watching Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time ever. How come I've never watched this film before? It's fabulous. I love Audrey and her outfits and quirky little ways.

And while I was watching it (the kids were playing with a magic tricks set), the husband announced he was cooking the roast beef for this evening. Yikes! There must be some kind of catch, I am thinking.

It truly makes up for yesterday when (other than escaping to the cherry tree shops for an hour), I seemed to do nothing but work all day and was exhausted by 7pm. I had a work deadline and then housework, which was never ending.

I bought these trousers for £6 yesterday from British Heart Foundation but I am going to return them this week and find something else instead. They are totally unflattering. Too big, pockets at the hips and I look as wide as an elephant.

And they don't even look nice on the hanger.
What was I thinking?!

Eek! Ignore the dusty mirror...
I am in desperate need of a decent mascara. The latest one I bought is an Elizabeth Arden one but I don't rate it.  If anyone has truly found a magnificent one, please let me know. The Elizabeth Arden one had good reviews but I am rather unimpressed, to be honest.

I look at my children's lashes with envy and wish I had theirs.




Yesterday morning at breakfast.

Even the Prince is blessed with fab lashes

P.S. On a totally random note, why can't I see who is following me? I can see the number of followers on my Dashboard but that's it. Does anyone else have this problem?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi, regarding mascara - I am a complete novice when it comes to make-up, but despite this, I still like reading about it and I've recently come across this column. The writer, Sali Hughes, seems to know what she's talking about (I think). This one is all about mascara - I don't know if there's anything here of interest to you but I thought I'd mention it, just in case: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/apr/23/sali-hughes-mascara-test

Pink Milk said...

Ooh, I love the sound of your day - is it too late to pop round for supper (my favourite!)?

If I were stranded on a desert island and could only choose one item of make up, it would always be mascara! My favourite is Max Factor 2000 Calorie. I've tried others but, in my opinion, nothing compares.

The 'followers' thing is a bit hit and miss at the mo; sometimes they show, sometime they don't. Can you see them here on your blog page?

Hx

heartshapedbruise. said...

My 2 year old nephew has amazing eyelashes - weird really isn't it?

I don't know about the followers thing, I can see my followers, but can't POST! It's been a whole week now, & it just says 'javascript void' & does nothing when I press the publish button. It's driving me mad but I don't know what to do!

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Sounds like today made up for yesterdays rush.

I love Clinique's Lash Power mascara - instead of painting you lashes the mascara kind of sets in little tubes which coat each lash and this means it never, ever runs. You remove it by loosening with warm water and then the little "tubes" slide off (and look like spiders legs!!) - I'm not really selling it am I? but trust me it's fab and I would never go back to regular mascara that gives me panda eyes.

S x

Grateful4Crochet said...

My favourite ever mascara was a Chanel blackest black, it's almost finished now, which is devastating news for my lashes