Wednesday 21 February 2018

The old ones are the best.

Evening all. HOW cold is it tonight? Blimmin' arctic.

I've been a busy bee bumbling around the charity shops recently. I bought a pink coat originally from Boden for £4. It was one of those "I'm not sure" moments but I haven't worn anything else since and can't imagine life without it. I love charity shop purchases like that.

Only problem is that everything from the high street then seems so over priced when you are used to a bargain. I saw a dress today for £20 and I was like "Twenty quid? It's daylight robbery is that..." which of course it clearly isn't.

Here is my coat. Ooh, and the shoes are from the Scope charity shop, Bertie brogues, £5.



The sea is my happy place as you can clearly see above. Thank the good lord you can't also hear me shrieking! The waves do that to me.

I shrieked on Saturday when I stupidly turned my back on the ocean for a brief moment and got two brogues full of icy salty sea water.


I can't stop wearing my new (old) coat...



In other utterly boring news, I feel so tired at the moment, I am seriously considering hibernation until late spring for future years. I don't do this weather, it makes me weary and grumpy. Meh. I haven't been running for over a week, I just can't muster the energy. I need to give myself a sharp talking to (alone, or otherwise I'll look like a right weirdo.)

I also think I'm having a midlife crisis. I've started watched The Inbetweeners and finding it far more hilarious than I should. I keep tittering and I think the Husband is finding it slightly irritating. He wants Question Time. I want to know when Will will finally get to bed a woman.

But on the flip side, I'm also maturing because on a Monday I hang out with a lovely group of people. The average age is 85. We have such a laugh but it's so refreshing that none of it is the smutty humour I get with some of the mums on the school run.

A few things I've learnt from my older friends, is that none of them are scared of death, they all drink very anaemic tea, they all believe in God, they are all exceptionally bright, they all feel 35 mentally and none of them drink alcohol. The downside of these firm friendships with a large age gap is that I am scared about them dying as I can't imagine my Mondays without them, and I can't discuss the merits of Bon Jovi or gin cocktails. But you know what? I'm happy with that. These men and women are a breath of fresh air!

Right, I am so tired I'm going to sign off now and go to bed but I'll be back soon.

In the meantime, support the circular economy, keep things out of landfill and buy more items from charity shops. I'd love to hear about your fab purchases.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your pink coat, it looks great and what a bargain it was.

Nice to see you back, I hope you make regular visits :)

Julia said...

Sooo good to see you back Gem! Lovely to catch up with you and my goodness, your cherubs have grown!! xx

m said...

Was in Edinburgh last week and the CHARITY SHOPS WERE CLOSED on Wednesday and Thursday, the only days I had time to visit them... and I'd looked forward to going on my way from Switzerland... I only went once, on Tuesday evening (as I thought I'd have plenty of time anyway)... boo. Have to go back. Did get to buy my little one two sweet summer dresses. By the way, speaking of little ones... I had to look hard at the picture of you and your three kids on the beach. Can't beliiiieve how much they've grown. Your daughter (the eldest)!!! Your son!!! My oh my... has it really been only a year???
your new friends sound lovely - I would prefer them over the lot that I have here hehehe :-)

Have a good weekend, hope the blizzards and storms and nasty weather have left you and that spring is on its way!!

M

April May said...

Literally bargain of the year is that coat! LOVE it! Was made for you!

Also, amazing to see you back! I was literally just thinking of you so I popped over and low and behold here you are! yay!

How grown up is your eldest daughter looking!?! they are all so gorgeous!

I love that you meet with some older ladies, I interact with the older generation a lot at work and I have such a soft spot for some of them! They have such wonderful stories and wisdom, and I for one hate the politics of school mums not my cuppa tea at all I'm afraid it's like a grown up version of mean girls!

anyways, yay for bargains and blog posts!
keep wrapped up warm it's blooming freezing over these parts too wheres spring? hope its' on its way soon! brrr xxx

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.