Wednesday 1 October 2014

When you were young and your heart was an open book...


So I stupidly let the Prince watch my favourite Bond film Live and Let Die.

A slight error because he is utterly obsessed with it now, like he was with Harry Potter and Star Wars. It's the first thing he watches when he comes home from school, and this is what he drew at school this week:


It is indeed a gun. Of sorts. And that says "death", don't you know?

The proofreader in me is itching to amend it in red pen.

He even knows some of the words from the film. I picked him up from school yesterday and hugged him. He greeted me with "Hey man, for twenty bucks, I'll take you to a Ku Klux Klan cook-out." in a proper American accent, drawl and all.

Time to dig out The Sound of Music tonight, methinks.

Speaking of which, the Princess has landed a part in The Sound of Music at one of the schools nearby, I am so proud, it's one of my faves. I seriously have to restrain myself from belting out the numbers and twirling myself around like Maria on the mountain, each time I go along to watch the rehearsal.

And Sweet Child continues to keep me on my toes, a true mountain goat, she climbs and explores everything.





Onto cherry tree shops, I bought my sister a gorgeous navy silk blouse originally from The White Company but totally forgot to take a photo. She was thrilled though. £3.50, bargainous!

Right I must go. I have been up since 5am and I have a gorgeous gummy babbling baby to snuggle up with before the other two wake for school.

Hoping to hit more charity shops on Friday, watch this space.


2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Oh Gem, you are back to your wit and shares that I love so, and really, I AM BACK to receiving your new posts!

OK...so that's a gun. OK. I thought it was something else...hahahahahha

You make me laugh so. Enjoy your snuggle time with this precious little one! Anita

Smoked Recipes said...

Awesome blog you have heree