Not sure if I have to write ten facts about myself for this one, but its a rainy day and the children are busy playing so I thought, why not?
1. I always wanted to live on a hippy commune when I was a teenager and have dreadlocks. The closest I got was getting my nose pierced and wearing tie-dye smock tops.
2. I have a Teeline shorthand speed of 90wpm although I imagine it is small slower now as rarely use it.
3. When I was a toddler I poured a teapot of boiling tea over my head.
4. I was bottle fed as a baby and my siblings were breastfed. I am frequently ill and they ALWAYS say "it's because you were bottle fed Gem"...grrrr!
5. I have a secret penchant for the gypsy way of life. I love the traditional bow top wagons, the close family "togetherness" attitude and the outdoor living. My friend married a Romany traveller and she is one of my happiest friends in the whole world.
6. My two and a half year old son is still breastfed, purely because I simply cannot remove him from the Bap of Nutrition. He asks very loudly in public for "Booby please" and if I say no, he says "Oh pleeeeeeeeeease." It freaks me and my sister out. I need to end it soon, before I end up in one of those documentaries. I call "Time at the bra" every night as well. Makes everyone chuckle! (I have breastfed in random places including during a funeral ceremony and during a Karaoke - just as the microphone was handed to me...and the Prince pulled away to see what the fuss was = awkward)
7. Lots of people say I look like Margo from The Good Life. I am offended. Even the husband can see the resemblance.
8. I was completely addicted to the Made in Chelsea series. I dislike people who are materialistic and who demand the best of everything and who show off about what they have. We should all be grateful for the small things and consider those who live their lives hand to mouth. BUT god I love this show!
9. I once ate three full size Toblerones in two days. OK, this was in May, not that long ago. I could have managed another two...
10. I was once featured in Mizz magazine (I think Cuckoo was responsible for this as we'd got drunk and she talked me into doing the article). The magazine ran a double page spread on holiday romances and I'd had a fling with a Turkish waiter. Unbeknown to me, a teenager went to the same hotel on hols and bought Mizz magazine to take with her. She recognised the waiter, showed him the article and he framed it and sent it back to me with the longest love letter ever. By which point I was over him and dating someone else. Whoops.
I would like to hand over this award to http://mummymojosmemoirs.blogspot.com
It is a new blog and I think she deserves an award for many reasons, including the fact I MADE her write a blog in the first place!
I have just bought this cherry tree top from Barnardo's. Originally from Marks and Spencers, it is a nice blouse for less than a fiver. Can't go wrong...
I also bought this book for £1.50. The Princess and I are often away with the fairies so it seems to be right up both of our streets.