Saturday 22 March 2014

Family Ness

Well it's 10pm and I've just called Time at the Bra for the next few hours while Sweet Child sleeps and am now attempting a blog post. It's been a while, so how have you been? Oh really? Better get some cream for that...

And here I am, bedraggled from another solo weekend while the Husband toils in the office. On three hours sleep (don't ask....but seeing that you have, it involved Sweet Child , an explosive nappy, the husband coming in from the late shift, the Prince crying out twice, sick on my shoulder, the Prince then coming into our bed saying his feet hurt, Sweet Child refusing to hear my cries of Time at the Bra, me balancing precariously on the edge of our bed and then the Prince wanting to start the day at 6am...)

Meanwhile the Princess spends a full ten hours in peaceful slumber, and then wakes up luxuriously late complaining that she is "utterly shattered" and so another long day commences in this House of Horrors.

But you know what? I hold on to the good and bad times.These days are precious. One day I shall look back on these halycon days and yearn to turn the clock back. I have no social life outside children right now, but it won't be forever. I try not to moan about needing a bigger bed to fit all these children in during the early hours, because one day my bed will be cold and empty and I will miss those times we crammed in because someone had a bad dream about Darth Vader, someone had wind (the baby, not us!) and someone was stressed about school work.

It's chaos, it's messy, it's a right flipping juggling act and it's so exhausting I feel I am fighting narcolepsy sometimes, but I am also proud of the fact I am doing so much of it alone. And Sweet Child totally completes our family (although if I am honest, I'd like more, if I could guarantee I'd love it as much as I've loved this pregnancy/birth/baby lark).

Just look at her! Three months old tomorrow.


It's not all plain sailing, mind. The Husband usually takes the Prince and Princess swimming first thing on a Saturday morning for the Princess's lesson. I usually remind him to watch them, not leave one behind (he is a little absent minded to tell you the truth) and to ensure no one gets injured.

Last week I took them all swimming as he was working earlier. Sweet Child was in my Kari Me wrap sling (Best. Thing. Ever), and as we walked from the car park to the leisure centre, the Prince decided to see how fast he could run. And then tripped and head butted a wall....hard.

He staggered into the leisure centre sobbing, he had an Humpty-sized egg on his forehead and had a starring role in the centre's accident log book. Sooooo awkward that it had to happen on my watch and not the Husband's. Then both kids fell in the sea after chasing the waves, despite me warning them of the perils of turning their back on the tide. It makes me look like a right slapdash mum but in truth, I am a helicopter mother, I hover over them, I can't help it. But occasionally I take a short break. And that's when it goes wrong.

Anyway, this is when it goes right.

Peaceful moment in the sun. Vitamin D all round.

Sleeping 4-5 hours in the night...bliss.

Wearing the cutest dolly clothes

Enjoying the beach life with my brood


Tropical ain't it...
 And can I just leave you with these Tweedle Dum Tweedle Dee moments. She looks like a Weeble (remember those, 80s toy lovers?!)

Like a boiled egg


Happy Egg!

11 comments:

Grammy Braxton said...

She is gorgeous as are all your kiddos. I love that you want to remember these days. It does go away so fast. Being an empty nester, I read your posts and others with children with envy......at times!

Hugs,
Sharon

Sarah Jane said...

I can certainly relate to a lot of this Gem. First of all, sweet child is just a darling. She looks so pretty and doll like in her floral sleep suit. I think it's so cute when they start to outgrow the Moses basket! I hate to sound like one of those smug earth mother types because I clearly am far from it, but having a family is just the best thing ever. Yes it's hard and emotionally and physically draining at times but you do look back and yearn for those baby years. I'm so happy I'm getting to do it over again and you look and sound like you're having the time of your life too - great stuff xxx

Jay said...

Your little ones are so gorgeous you sound like you're doing a fab job. I know how hard it is but you just have to look at what a family you've created to know it's all good.

Jacquie said...

Hi Gem, you are doing a brilliant job and your brain still functions well enough to write a touching and witty post about this special time...impressive.
Your three are adorable and that last picture of sweet child is gorgeous....baby smiles are the best.
Jacquie x

Pink Milk said...

You're so right to drink it in love (well, as much as possible - you are, after all, only human). Only this morning we watched a video recording of my daughter singing a solo in the school play. Nearly two years ago it was. I could have cried when I suddenly realised that, now I have no babies left at Primary School, I won't get that chance again. You know, to sit puffed up with pride, watching the children perform with such earnest on the stage.

You are amazing and doing a fantastic job. Remember that. Plus, you make the most gorrrgeous babies!

Heather xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It is SO good to see you again, Gem. Your writing is outstanding because you make me feel as if you are speaking only to me...and the escapades of the children, your inner thoughts, YOU. It is all wonderful, every day stuff, but made of REAL PEOPLE with something wonderful to share. I have missed you so, but such is life. When you come back to share, it is such a delight, and I must say that this little princess number two looks JUST LIKE HER OLDER PRINCESS SISTER! WOW!

You look wonderful, brimming with happiness! Anita

Gem said...

Oh Gem she is gorgeous, utterly adorable, and you are looking mighty fine yourself too. If your not getting much sleep, it sure isn't showing, you look fab. And you haven't lost your sense of humour either, I love that :) Loved the Princess' comment about being shattered,- priceless haha.

Much love x x x x

Sharon said...

Oh my god - she is sooo scrummy and cute. You are looking fab, Gem! Glad to see you back blogging - have missed you xx Hope Prince's head is OK - poor soul x

Aunty Bee said...

They all look gorgeous, poor Prince, hope he's feeling better. So glad to have you back blogging.

Annaboo's House said...

You are an ace mother, as I have told you many-a-time.
The sweet child is totally gorgeous.
Can't wait to see ya soon.
Sarah x

Anonymous said...

My name is Nicolas marry, i live and work in Oxfordshire, UK. My life is back!!! After 2 years and 5 months of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids, I felt like ending it all, i almost committed suicide because he left us with nothing, i was emotionally down all this while. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr Okun the spell cast which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet, I came across several of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and also spell to get a good paid job so on. He is amazing, i also come across one particular testimony, it was about a woman called Rose, she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 3 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped his email.After reading all these, I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him. In just 72hours, my husband came back to me. We resolved our issues, and we are even happier than ever.Dr Okun you are a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man. If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster, Try him anytime, he is the answer to your problems. if you need someone to help you, you can contact him on ( doctorokunspelltemple@gmail.com ). he is the best caster that can help you with your problems.