Tuesday 19 April 2011

Not exactly a domestic goddess....

I absolutely love this top, bought from Oxfam in Henley-on-Thames. It is great with jeans and lots of spangly jewellery (loads of silver bracelets etc for a boho look).




It's originally from Monsoon and I got it for £6. It fits beautifully, it drapes where it should (ie not clinging to lumps and bumps, but is a little more fitted around the waist so it flatters nicely).

I always get compliments when I wear this. I rue the day I decided to clean the bathroom while wearing it as got a little bleach down the front. What a fool. Never again, I've learnt my lesson.

I never iron - I'm not proud of it, I just simply don't have the time and it certainly shows in this top. Please don't spend too long looking at the creases and bleach marks. It is still one of my fave tops in the whole wide world.

The in-laws are staying at the moment for a few nights and we are planning a trip to Windsor tomorrow, I can't wait; brilliant charity shops, a stunning castle, a walk through the park, what's not to like?!

Julie @ Thrifty Missus, thanks for your comment. Keep trying to follow your blog and it won't let me. What do I need to do? Want to reply to you and wonder where I am going wrong.

2 comments:

thriftymissustalesfromtoadstoolhouse. said...

Hi Gem, I m completley new to this too...perhaps you could try again today as I have just started blogging!!!!!!eek!!xxxjulie.x

thriftymissustalesfromtoadstoolhouse. said...

sorry forgot to say ,hope you have a great day in Windsor and cant wait to see your latest finds.xxx